Jun 21, 2011

~ The Longest Day ~

Summer Solstice...

Evocative words that have you envision greeting the Rising Sun, maybe doing a 'Happy Dance", rootling around for ice cube trays and deck chairs.

For me the breath of Bona Fide Summer is the anticipation of Sweet Tea, warm watermelon with salt, not sloshing about if you are trying to bar-b-que outside.

And rocking on the porch in the evenings... (not my Porch... wish it was !)



Watching the slow sway of the ferns...



Picking fresh blackberries...




And Blueberries that you can eat by the handfuls & usually don't last until you get home...

Welcome Solstice...

Welcome Summer... Nice to see your Sweet Face again !

xoxo

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooooo nice porch!

vicky x

Hitchhiker42 said...

Nice pictures. I love blueberries! We are going to try growing those this year. They tell me blueberries grow well in Ireland, so we'll see.

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Wow - here in England it's only about 60F and raining. Not a great start to the summer. I think we get about two weeks of hot weather sometime in August. That's our summer. I will say this, though... we get tons of blackberries. They grow everywhere and I can make blackberry crumble. Well, not me because I"m a cat but the people who live here...

Sylvia said...

We had a lot of rain and high wind here, it's going to be better from Sunday.
Wish you a wonderful Summer !
Nice weekend,
Sylvia

Sherri B. said...

My Blackberries are just starting to get blossoms and seeing your photo makes me hungry for them. I do believe that summer is finally here!

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

I MISS the moss and ferns and the wonderful fruit you have up there this time of year. Great photo's!
Maura :)