Dec 3, 2012

Crocheting in Grape...

One of the best things in Later Life- 50 plus- is that Nieces and Nephews start Fanilies...
My Niece AnnaLee is expecting her next child/second baby/first daughter late this month...
Since her little boy was born I have always referred to him as 'Fang'.
Noe New Baby Girl has been given the title 'Bump-ette'...
Poor little thing !!
With the impending baby I felt the need to get my Crochet Game going and purchased More Yarn ( really- I need- Need- NEED- more Yarn.) and soon the Bounty arrived...

Not sure what hooky creation I would Finally Decide to make I chose just my usual mish-mash of colours...



 Whoever they put in charge of 'Naming of the Yarn' has a Wild Imagination... and most assuredly a Dictionary/Thesaurus...



Bubble gum and Toast and Pagoda...




Ocean and Blackberry Wine and Mint Julep...




Guacamole and Coconut and Watermelon...




Cornflower and Heather Hedge Tweed...




Bone and Grape...




Mallard and Cherry Red...




And Grape...

Did I mention Grape ?



Cause right at this moment I think I am 'In Love' with Grape.




Grape gave a Wiggley to my Thoughts as to what I would be making... 


 


I saw a Beauteous 'Patchwork' Afghan that Sucrette ...
had made for her new Baby Boy Joe ( who is really one of the sweetest looking little sugar plums Ever !!)...



So- Off to the races I went !!




Coconut with Grape-
Peach Frappe with Grape-




Guacamole with grape-


Cherry Red wittthhhh   :wait for it:   GRAPE !!
Grape and Bone- and Pagoda-




Minty, Toasty, Peachy... with Grape-

Bump-ettes blanky will be nine squares by eleven Squares...
I have my 99 Patches completed and am in the Process right now of stitching them into Strips...

Alice is 'Helping' as usual...




... seeing how Many Kittheh furz can Actually be Crocheted directly into the blanket. She has it down to a Science now !!

::*note to self- include a pair of tweezers in gift to remove cat hairs::

Photos to follow (first I have to get new batteries !!)

 
Grape--- and Yarn--- Yum !!!

xoxo


5 comments:

Jan said...

I think a lovely dark colour sets off all the other colours beautifully. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished blanket. Jx

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen! Cute cute post and you're a hoot! I just love hoots as I'm kinda a hoot myself. Now the crochet looks great! I love that grape too.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Deborah said...

Your yarns look beautiful together, love the grape colour and your crochet is gorgeous with it :)

Bee happy x

PS hope you love your glasses as much as I love mine :)

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

All those colors...yum! I always love walking down the yarn aisle just to see the beautiful colors. Your crochet is looking very nice!

Compostwoman said...

Oh I LOVE the Grape! And yes I have kitten fur to remove from all my crochet items!