Mar 3, 2012

She Are Finished...

Funny how Things work out All By Themselves isn't it ?

Bull headed as I am, and not one to really follow Any set of Directions to a 'T' this first Granny Square Throw is completed.



And there were a couple of days I put it down and needed to think it thru.





Not totally what was envisioned in my minds eye... And looks vastly different than where it was going in the beginning...





I added the little crocheted "Primrose" blossoms to transition my corners. Adds a nice subtle 3-D effect I think.


I do Like it tho !!


Love the colours. Right in my rich 'Jewel Tones' that I keep circling round and round back to.


Small- about 40" x 40".


Soft as a Kittheh bellheh.

Speaking of Kitthehs...
Here is Babylon. And her Contortionist pose.


"Babylon. With Foot."

Now- onwards and upwards...
Already have a new project beginning. Something a bit more complicated perhaps. And hopefully lighter colours and with a semblance of pattern.
(We'll see how THAT goes !!)

xoxo

5 comments:

Sherri B. said...

Congratulations on getting it done! It looks really good, not like 'a first' at all...Love the colors but my favorite part is how you added the little flowers, nice touch. Looking forward to you sharing your next project! xo

Shortbread and Ginger said...

It looks great! Love the cat photo - very strange pose!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Kath said...

lovely work and great colours! a real treasure, no pun intended :-)

June said...

Wish I could crochet! All attempts to teach me as a little girl ended in frustration all round! Me because I wanted to learn and didn't understand the instructions from my aunt and my aunt as I wasn't getting her instructions. Some day I might buy a hook and see if I can follow a YouTube tutorial! Love the kitty photo!
June

Magnolia Verandah said...

My goodness that was quick!